- Savings Bank Accounts can be opened for eligible person / persons (Single or Joint names) and certain organizations / agencies like HUF, Non Corporate Bodies, Clubs, Trusts, Societies, Associations, Schools, Executor(s) / Administrator(s), Government Bodies, Semi – Government Departments, Recognized PF Accounts etc.
- Deposit accounts can be opened by an individual in his own name (status: known as account in single name) or by more than one individuals in their own names (status: known as Joint Account).
- Savings bank Accounts can also be opened in the name of persons with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disabilities by the legal guardian appointed by the District Court under Mental Health Act, 1987 or by the Local Level Committees set up under the National Trust for welfare of persons with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disabilities under Disabilities Act, 1999. Legal guardian, so appointed, will furnish an indemnity-cum-undertaking bond duly stamped as per the local law in force along with Guardianship Certificate.
- The minors who are above the age of ten will also be allowed to open and operate SB account independently subject to restrictions on transactions. i.e. deposit upto Rs 49999/- per day and withdrawal at counter 50000/- through cheque and Rs 10,000/- per day through withdrawal slip.
- Minors account holder will be provided with cheque books(such cheque will not be presented in clearing) and the withdrawal is restricted to self only through cheque book/ withdrawal slips. The cheque book issued to the minor in such cases will be marked as “ONLY SELF WITHDRAWL PERMITTED” .No overdraft shall be granted to these minors.
* Nomination facility is available on all deposit accounts opened by individuals. Nomination is also available to a sole proprietary concern account. Nomination can be made in favour of one individual only. Nomination so made can be cancelled or changed by all the account holder(s) any time.